What are the Different Installation Methods for Brass Threaded Inserts?
Brass Threaded Inserts are excellent fasteners for soft material application such as wood, plastic, polymer and aluminium. Brass Threaded Inserts have strong threads can assemble and disassemble without degrading the components are required. Brass Threaded Inserts create a more secure connection between the components and provide a reusable connection when the product needs to be disassembled and reassembled.
Installation Methods for Brass Threaded Inserts
For installing Brass Threaded Inserts, there are two most common methods used
The inserts are preheated and pressurized into the soft material using the thermal installation method. Another way to install Brass Threaded Inserts is to pressurize heat from the tip into the plastic. In both installation methods, a controlled force is applied to the insert to ensure that the plastic is sufficiently melted before the insert is installed.
Advantages of Thermal Installation:
- Thermal Installation is reliable and consistent installation method.
- The temperature, drive and depth settings are customizable.
- It is less noisy and eco-friendlier compare to ultrasonic Installation.
- Thermal Installation required less insertion force.
- It is simple, easy and versatile.
- Using Thermal Installation can create a high-quality joint.
In the ultrasonic installation method, ultrasonic incorporation on electrical power converts the machine into mechanical vibrations. When the ultrasonic horn delivers mechanical energy to the metal-plastic interface, a downward force is provided by the aerated cylinder. Ultrasonic horns directly contact the metal insert. As the horn vibrates the mechanical energy horn and transfers it to the surrounding plastic, frictional heat is obtained to melt the plastic.
Advantages of Ultrasonic Installation:
- Ultrasonic Installation is less time-consuming installation method.
- The inclusion machine can often be recycled as an ultrasonic welder, specifically by joining two plastic parts.
- Ultrasonic Installation is flexible. The sizes and shapes of the horn can be easily changed to accommodate different insert sizes.
Apart from these two installation methods of Brass Threaded Inserts, it can be installed with pressed in, moulded in, and even screwed in via self-tapping threads.